I have no clue what your mother wants this Sunday. Heck, I hardly know what I want this Sunday but here are 10 Universally Accepted Rules for a Happy Mother’s Day. You’ll thank me later.
1. Every mother wants to wake up on her own accord. If you must wake her up, do so with a mimosa in hand or at the very least, a hot cup of coffee followed by a minimum 60 seconds of silence.
2. There will be absolutely no fighting or complaining in front of Mom. Maybe this means bribery. Maybe it means sending Mom off to the spa. Nobody wants to hear that crap on their holiday.
3. No cleaning products, safety equipment or fitness gear unless Mom herself has specifically requested it.
4. “Well, she’s not my mother.” is null and void on Mother’s Day. Chances are she puts up with your nonsense, you love her for it and that’s close enough.
5. Please give the kids some role in choosing or making their own gifts for Mom. Hearing “I didn’t know we got Mom an Ipad!!!” is very awkward to say the least.
6. Moms should not have to cook on Mother’s Day (unless she wants to). Take her out or plan a special menu for Mom. There are plenty of pre-planned menus on the web so no excuses!
7. Moms not do dishes on Mother’s Day. Period. Dot.
8. Moms do not do Mother’s Day dishes the morning after.
9. Plan on being presentable the entire day. Put on a clean shirt, brush your teeth and comb your hair. Family photos are highly probable.
10. If you can’t be with your Mother this Mother’s Day, call her. Video chats would be better but seriously, a social media shout out is not going to cut it this year.
Moms, if you have anything to add to this list, please comment. I will repost accordingly 🙂