Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks a way. Usually the 3rd Thursday in November reads a lot more like televised parades and enough food to feed an army. Ironically, for a day called Thanksgiving, we seem to give very little thanks.
Shortly after Halloween, a trend arose. For each day in November, posts containing one thing the writer is thankful for were making their way into my feed. I admire their effort but I am in the middle of a move. I can commit to nothing these days. In less than 2 weeks, we will have closed on our new house and for that, I am thankful.
With that said, I am happy to play along but will be posting my list here instead. Yes, Thanksgiving is the 22nd but I think we can do a little better than that, right?
Here are 30 things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for my children. They are my inspiration and reason for nearly everything I do.
- I am thankful for my husband who while is supportive and understanding; is also quick to call me out on my nonsense.
- I am thankful for my hardworking parents and stepparents who set one hell of an example of what real parents are and should be.
- I am thankful for my friends and family; some of which are so close it’s hard to render a distinction. I love you all!
- I am thankful for our health. Too often, we take that for granted.
- I am thankful for good doctors, nurses and interns.
- I am thankful for our honorable servicemen and women and everything they do for this country.
- I am thankful for honest contractors and repairmen.
- I am thankful for green technologies and the research surrounding them.
- I am thankful for clean air, water and land.
- I am thankful for admirable spiritual and world leaders. May they prevail.
- I am thankful for the internet, by in large my favorite addiction.
- I am thankful for a childhood that did not include said addiction.
- I am thankful for shared knowledge.
- I am thankful for teachers who truly care for their students and love what they do.
- I am thankful for reliable transportation.
- I am thankful for the work to be done and for job creation to follow.
- I am thankful to have the necessities.
- I am thankful for our warm, safe home.
- I am thankful for the countless opportunities around us.
- I am thankful for to speak my mind and not fear for my life.
- I am thankful for the abundance of choices in this country.
- I am thankful for the guidance I have received over the years.
- In recent years, I have been thankful for bees. Who knew they were so important anyway?
- I am thankful for butterflies; more notably fall butterflies because here in Texas, they do exist!
- I am thankful for farmers; especially the organic, free range types.
- I am thankful for charity, of what we received and of what we have given.
- I am thankful for every moment of rest I get.
- I am thankful for my readers who love me anyway.
- I am so thankful to have made it this far.
Woot! I did it! There’s 30 things I am truly thankful for. I would love to re-post this list just before Thanksgiving with all of the things you are thankful for. So until then, leave me a comment letting me know what you are truly grateful for and Happy Thanksgiving!