Living in Anna, TX we rely heavily on our local libraries for fun over the long hot summer months. Thankfully, City of Melissa Public Library and Van Alstyne Public Library do a excellent job filling our schedules with story times, movie nights and other special events. With that said, to my local readers: I invite you to step out and do something a little off of the beaten path.
Now, I realize it’s July and nobody wants to sit in a hot car for that hour long trip to Dallas but there’s lots of kid friendly stuff to do right here in our neck of the woods! Better yet, everything on this list will run you under $10/person with most costing less than $5. I’ve even added a few online freebies for the kids. Sweet!
I would like to turn this post over to you my local loves- Is there anything we need to add to this list here at Iluvem?
1) Junior Ranger Program– Bonham State Park (Bonham, TX)
2) Fishing– At Lake Ray Roberts (Denton, TX)
3) Zoo- Frank Buck Zoo (Gainesville, TX)
4) Wildlife Sanctuary– The Heard Museum (McKinney, TX)
5) Museum– The Harber Wildlife Museum (Sherman, TX)
6) Visit the Farm- Cathy’s Critters (Princeton, TX) or (Myers Park, McKinney, TX)
7) Hike and Bike Trails– North Texas
8) Planetarium– North Texas University (Denton, TX)
9) Visit the Beach- Little Elm TX Beach Park (Little Elm, TX)
2) Critter Cams– The National Zoo (Washington, DC)
3) More Critter Cams, a podcast and games– Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA)